January 11, 2011

Hi

This blog should actually be a copy, a translation of the main pages like www.weissenstein.ee or weissenstein.blogspot.ee. But since I am not very good translator (actually I am tempted to hide my poor english by pretending to be imaginative), I think the blog will be something different compared to these pages.

But yes, the original idea was simple - to have at least english-language page for weissenstein site, because first our aim was to make everybody acquinted to Paide, to its history and old town. I think there are a lot of people who are or have been connected to Paide and who are not very good in estonian language and who are interested to read about what is going on here.  But, then I had some technical difficulties in making multilanguage pages to free-software-based home page and I dropped the idea.

And then, lately, one of my "co-blogger"s in the area, Juhan, started to blog in english for some reasons (also about mid-Estonia btw). After a while I understood that it is brilliant. Because it is simple, because blogging does not seem so "static" and official and because you can actually create something new - new ideas in other language, new contacts, new feedback etc.

So, that's it. From upper menu you can get the basic information about our different projects in the area. Also a special photo-gallery for non-estonians. But the rest is regular blogging thing - just weekly updates of the ideas or events from mid-mid-Estonia (mostly about Paide). Enjoy the reading and I hope to read your comments as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Rainer, excellent site and I very much enjoyed learning more about Paide's rich history, fascinating!
    Elizabeth Lenz

    ReplyDelete